Toronto, ON – Dec. 2, 2014 – The Canadian Space Commerce Association (CSCA) recently completed the election of a new Board of Directors who will serve a term of two years beginning on January 1, 2015 and until December 31, 2016. The new board members are:
- Yaroslav “Yarko” Pustovyi (President) – Was part of the first astronaut group selected by the National Space Agency of Ukraine (NSAU). In 1997 he served as a backup payload specialist for the STS-87 Space Shuttle Columbia flight. He is a co-founder and Vice President of Space 1 Systems Inc.
- Catherine Carr (Treasurer) – Is experienced in many facets of corporate finance and accounting. An avid space exploration and astronomy enthusiast with 18 years accounting experience, Catherine can assist organizations with establishing internal accounting controls, developing financial reporting, budgeting & analysis and with day to day operations.
- Azam Shaghaghi (Secretary) – Visionary entrepreneur, space enthusiast, 2005 world invention 2nd & 3rd place contest winner, Azam is currently on the board of directors at Space Tourism Society Canada as a president.
- Farnaz Ghadaki (Director) – Is a strategic marketing & management consultant and a member of the entrepreneurship & investment committee of the International Astronautical Federation (IAF).
- Wilfred So (Director) – Wilfred So is a Patent Agent at Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP. His work involves the preparation and prosecution of patent applications, as well as industrial designs. He also advises on issues of infringement and validity, as well as patent filing strategy. Wilfred is also a former editor-in-chief of the Canadian Space Society’s Gazette. Prior to joining Blakes, he gained aerospace engineering experience working at MacDonald, Dettwiler and Associates Ltd., Honeywell Inc. and Messier-Dowty Inc. He is also the co-inventor and co-owner of issued U.S. patents relating to aircraft control systems.
About the Canadian Space Commerce Association
The Canadian Space Commerce Association, founded in 2007, is a registered not-for-profit industry organization that advances the economic, legal and political environment for space focused companies. For more information about the Canadian Space Commerce Association and when our next event is, please visit our web site at: http://spacecommerce.ca.
Follow us on:
Marc Boucher, President
Canadian Space Commerce Association