TERMS & CONDITIONS
All Members must read and accept these Terms and Conditions when completing the Application Form.
General Membership Benefits
|Free Access to Bi-monthly meetings||CSCA meetings include guest speakers involved with space policy, scientific activities and business issues involving CSCA members and the Canadian space systems industry. Non-members are required to pay to attend.|
|Discounts to Annual Conferences & Events||Members receive discounts for national conferences and industry days produced by the CSCA.|
|Domestic and Foreign Conference Representation||The CSCA will participate in several conferences each year where it will publicize our Corporate member’s list, service and product specialties and facilitate introductions, as necessary.|
|Domestic and International Conference Opportunities at group rates||Through its international network, CSCA is able to negotiate group pricing at international and domestic conference participation.|
|Strategic Initiatives||Government consultations, technical committees, invitation only space meetings and more.|
|Public policy leadership||The CSCA provides public policy leadership on key space focused R&D, policy, trade and commercialization discussions.|
|News updates and informed commentary||CSCA members are kept up to date on current space focused business news, research, policy and events.|
* CSCA reserves the right to adjust the benefits from time to time.
Individual Membership Fees & Benefits
|MEMBERSHIP TYPE||Student1||Young Entrepreneur2||Professional3|
|Cost Per Year (CAD$) Annually||
|Bi-Monthly Meetings Free||
|Government Consultation Input||
 Students: 35 years of age or less and full-time students. Student Identification for an accredited educational institution will be required.
 Young Entrepreneur: 30 years of age or less and not full-time students.
 Professionals: 31 years of age or greater.
**Any application which does not include the appropriate supporting information or payment will be deemed incomplete and Membership will be suspended until the information and payment is received.
Company and Organizational Membership
Based on space and defence-related revenue in Canadian Dollars of the legal organization applying for membership.
See Tier definitions below.
Tier 1: Pre-Revenue company or start up <$250,000 revenue
Tier 2: >$250,000 < $1 million revenue within the last fiscal year of the organization
Tier 3: > $1 million < $5 million within the last fiscal year of the organization
Tier 4: > $5 million < $10 million within the last fiscal year of the organization
Tier 5: > $10 million < $20 million within the last fiscal year of the organization
Tier 6: > $20 million within the last fiscal year of the organization
Affiliate: Organizations that are not earning in the space industry.
Academic: Academic Institutions in Canada or in the country of their origin
See Company and Organizational Membership Fees & Benefits Chart Below
Company & Organizational Membership Fees & Benefits
|Corporate Memberships||Other Organizations|
|MEMBERSHIP TYPE||Tier 1||Tier 2||Tier 3||Tier 4||Tier 5||Tier 6||Affiliate||Academic|
|Cost Per Year (CAD$) Annually||750||1,000||2,500||5,000||8,000||9,500||2,500||1,000|
|Bi-Monthly Meetings Free||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|# of Free Employees at Bi-Monthly Meetings||2||4||6||10||20||30||4||1|
|Government Consultation Input||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Event Discount (Per Employee unlimited)||10%||15%||20%||25%||30%||40%||15%||15%|
|Event Exhibitor Discount||10%||15%||20%||25%||30%||40%||15%||15%|
|Logo in Footer of News Release||NA||NA||NA||NA||✓||✓||NA||NA|
|Logo on the footer of the Monthly News Letter||NA||NA||NA||✓||✓||✓||NA||NA|
|Digital Logo at Bi-Monthly Meetings||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||NA|
|Company or Organizational banner at Bi-Monthly Meetings||NA||NA||NA||NA||NA||✓||NA||NA|
|Logo Appears on Member Page||NA||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Logo Appears above the fold on Home Page||NA||NA||NA||NA||NA||✓||NA||NA|
|Logo Appears in footer of Home Page||NA||NA||NA||✓||✓||✓||NA||NA|
|Full Page Ad & Write Up||NA||NA||NA||NA||NA||✓||NA||NA|
|1/2 Page Ad & write up||NA||NA||NA||NA||✓||✓||NA||NA|
|1/4 Page Ad & write up||NA||NA||NA||✓||✓||✓||NA||NA|
|1/4 Page Ad||NA||NA||✓||✓||✓||✓||NA||NA|
|Name in contact listing1||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Discount to upgrade presence in Industry Guide||10%||15%||20%||25%||30%||40%||10%||
1 Members may opt out of the industry guide.
Renew Before Expiry Discount
Those who renew their Membership before it lapses, will receive a 10% discount on that year’s membership renewal. The CSCA will email in advance of expiration dates as a reminder that renewal is approaching. By renewing before expiry, all Members may save.
CSCA Corporate Member Referral Program
Corporate members are eligible to earn discounts on the following year’s annual Membership Dues through the “Member Referral Program”. Existing Corporate Members can reduce the following year’s membership fees when they refer Corporates or Organizations to join the CSCA.
When existing Corporate Members, in good standing, refer other companies or organization to become members of the CSCA, and the referred organization completes the application process and pays to become a member of the CSCA, the referring member earns a discount on the following year of membership dues.
The accumulation of Referred Members must take place between the first day of the Referring Member’s subscription as a member of the CSCA and the last day of the Referring Member’s year of membership. Accrual of membership referrals does not accumulate year on year.
Referred Members must acknowledge the Referring Member in the application for membership. CSCA will prompt the answer in order to ensure that Referring Members are given the credit for the transaction.
The chart below outlines the number of referrals required to earn through the “Member Referral Program”.
|Number of Companies referred||2-5||6-10||11-15||16-20|
|Discount earned for following year membership fees||15%||20%||30%||40%|
Definitions for Membership Referral Program
Referring Member: A Corporate member of the CSCA, in good standing, that has all Membership Dues and without outstanding accounts with the CSCA.
Member Referral: The referral of another company or organization that has applied and paid for annual Membership Dues to the CSCA.
Referred Member: A corporate or organization that applies for membership to the CSCA and pays its annual Membership Dues.
Membership Year: The period from the first day a corporate member applies for joins and pays its annual Membership Dues and 365 days thereafter.
Membership Dues: Annual Fees as described in the By Laws of the CSCA.
Responsibilities of Membership
As a Member of the CSCA it is your responsibility to adhere to the terms and conditions of Membership included in this document. This document should be retained physically or digitally for future reference.
CSCA Members are expected to adhere to the following responsibilities:
- Read and observe the By Laws of the Association for the duration of your Membership;
- Membership is non-transferrable;
- Memberships must be paid in full, on time and on an annual basis to avoid suspension of services and benefits;
- Valid government issued identification may be requested at any time to ensure the recipient of benefits is, in fact, the Member;
- It is the responsibility of each Member to provide updated contact information as it appears on the Membership Application Form;
- Membership Dues are due on an annual (365 day) billing cycle. Dues are subject to change without notice. If your Membership dues are not paid in full on or before your Membership anniversary:
- Your Membership will lapse;
- You will not be entitled to the member benefits or services;
- You will forfeit any benefits linked to your Membership tenure.
- Based on information we have on file we will send you a renewal notice to pay your Membership dues in advance of the expiration of the expiry of Membership to ensure there is no interruption of service or benefits.
- Your CSCA Membership expires one year after the date you pay your Membership dues, and will be billed annually on notice to you (subject to payment of Membership fees and any activation procedures). If after receiving notice of any change to the renewal of your Membership, you do not accept the new terms or do not wish to renew your Membership, you may terminate your Membership as of when the change takes effect or on the renewal date.
- As a Student, Young Entrepreneur, Professional, any Tier of Corporate Membership, Affiliation or Academic you are entitled to vote at our Annual General Meetings. Our Members elect our Board of Directors, receive a copy of our consolidated financial statements and approve significant changes to the CSCA By Laws, if any. You may attend the Annual General Meeting in person or submit a proxy form appointing someone else to vote on your behalf. You will be advised of Member Affairs through Membership correspondence.
The Canadian Space Commerce Association (“CSCA”) respects the privacy of your personal information.
What is personal information?
Personal information means information about an identifiable individual.
What personal information does CSCA collect and use?
If you choose to become a member of CSCA, we may ask you to provide certain personal information, including, but not limited to:
- Full name and address (both of which must be provided)
- Home, cell and business phone numbers
- E-mail address
- Payment information
- Birthdate and proof of birthdate (Young Entrepreneur or Professional Members)
- Academic Institution (Student Members only)
- Proof of full time student status (Student Members only)
- Annual Revenue (Corporate Members only)
- Proof of not-for-profit status (Association Members only)
If you provide CSCA with the personal information use the CSCA member application form included herein.
CSCA may collect and use your personal information to:
- Authenticate, process, administer and manage your Membership (if applicable);
- Provide requested benefits or services;
- Better understand the needs of our Members and the ways in which we can improve our benefits and services;
- Establish and maintain communication with you, including responding to your inquiries, via direct mail, email and/or telecommunications;
- Confirm eligibility for Membership or receipt of a product or service;
- Process payments;
- Meet any legal, regulatory, processing or security requirement that requires use or disclosure of your personal information;
- Inform you about benefits and services that we offer which we believe may be of interest to you;
- Administer your participation in contests; and
- Conduct surveys or research CSCA’s internal use.
How does CSCA disclose personal information?
We will not disclose, trade, rent, sell or otherwise transfer your personal information, without your consent, except as otherwise set out herein.
Although we sometimes offer benefits and services jointly with our partners, these partners never have access to our list of members and customers. A strict data protection and non-disclosure agreement has been signed between CSCA and any such service provider beforehand.
CSCA may publish the Corporate, Association and Affiliate companies on its website or within its other publications with a link to the homepage to the respective Company, Association or Affiliate. Companies, Affiliates and Academic may opt out of publishing their names on the website or other publications by indicating on the Application Form. Pursuant to the Canada Privacy Act, CSCA will not publish the names or contact information of its Members without their explicit permission.
CSCA may provide your personal information in response to a search warrant or other legally valid inquiry or order, or to an investigative body in the case of a breach of an agreement or contravention of law, or as otherwise required by applicable Canadian, United States or other law. We may also disclose personal information where necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims, to investigate or prevent actual or suspected loss or harm to persons or property, or as otherwise required or permitted by law.
If you wish to opt out of receiving marketing communications or change your preferences, please click the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of each of our emails. Please note that if you unsubscribe from receiving marketing communications, you may still continue to receive transactional or informational messages from us.
How will CSCA protect my personal information?
Only authorized CSCA employees, contractors, consultant and agents who need your personal information will have access to it, unless access by others is authorized or permitted by this policy or by applicable law. CSCA takes precautions in an effort to help protect your personal information against loss, theft and unauthorized access, use, alteration, duplication, destruction or disclosure. Such controls include reasonable technological, physical and organizational safeguards, depending on the sensitivity and the format of the information.
CSCA will destroy, erase or render anonymous personal information no longer required for the stated purposes or for a legal or legitimate business requirement.
How do I access or correct my personal information, or make inquiries or submit comments to CSCA
You have the right to access, update, and correct inaccuracies in your personal information in our custody and control, subject to certain exceptions prescribed by law. If you wish to update or request access to, or correction of, your personal information in CSCA’s records, or to make inquiries or complaints, please contact email@example.com.
We may request certain personal information for the purposes of verifying the identity of the individual seeking access to their personal information records. Some information may not be accessed in certain circumstances.
END OF TERMS AND CONDITIONS