Marketing and Communications Manager
|REPORTS TO:||Executive Director|
|DATE POSTED:||July 2017|
The Canadian Space Commerce Association (CSCA) is Canada’s national space industry association. Established in 2007, the CSCA is a not-for-profit organization made up of individual and corporate members in the space industry. It works to advance the Canadian space economy, by building greater expertise in related fields that support the industry to develop the capabilities of Canada as a leader in global space markets. The CSCA nurtures relationships with all stakeholders: industry, academia, researchers, governments and associations to gather and share industry intelligence, identify and facilitate funding as well as being an active catalyst for industry growth. The CSCA works collectively and collaboratively with our members and in partnership with provincial and federal governments. By defining and implementing strategic member programs, initiatives and events in areas including: technology development and adoption, supply chain relationships and readiness, skills development and workplace training.
We are looking for a passionate Marketing and Communications Manager to plan and oversee the organization’s marketing activities and campaigns. You will be the one to ensure that all marketing operations are successful in meeting the goals set by management.
A successful Marketing and Communications Manager must have great enthusiasm for all things marketing and great knowledge of relevant techniques and principles. The ideal candidate will also be an excellent communicator and will have experience in managing different marketing ventures.
The goal is to ensure that the marketing efforts of the Association add the highest value to its business.
The Marketing and Communications Manager will lead the efforts for the Association’s branding, its online presence, communications to stakeholders and production of events. The Manager will work closely with the CEO in these areas with the ability to drive the direction of the organization’s marketing strategy. Through numerous events during the year, both produced by the Association and in which it participates, the Marketing and Communications Manager will play a key role in growing the organization. This is your chance to be a central force in an already thriving organization, using your strategic marketing skills to progress an important trade organization in an exciting field.
- Contribute in the implementation of marketing strategies
- Support the CEO in overseeing the organization’s marketing operations
- Organize and attend marketing activities or events to raise brand awareness
- Plan advertising and promotional campaigns for products or services on a variety of media (social, print etc.)
- Liaise with stakeholders and vendors to promote success of activities and enhance the company’s presence
- See all ventures through to completion and evaluate their success using various metrics
- Prepare content for the publication of marketing material and oversee distribution
- Conduct market research to identify opportunities for promotion and growth
- Collaborate with managers in preparing budgets and monitoring expenses
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND ABILITIES:
- Proven experience in marketing or similar role
- Solid knowledge of marketing techniques and principles
- Good understanding of market research techniques, statistical and data analysis methods
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office and marketing software (e.g. CRM)
- Thorough understanding of social media and web analytics
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
- Creativity and commercial awareness
- A team player with a customer-oriented approach
- BSc/BA in marketing, business administration or relevant field is preferred
- This is a virtual position and can be done from any location with Internet access.
This is an unpaid position for the time being. Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. The deadline for applications is July 15, 2017.
CSCA is committed to employment equity, welcoming and encouraging applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.