Members have submitted their nominations for the election of a Board of Directors. Of the seven nominations, five have agreed to stand for the board. Declining to run for the board are current members Patrick Whyte and Marc Boucher. The nominees are:
- Wilfred So (Current board member) – Is a patent agent with the intellectual property group of the Blakes Law Firm with a technical background including electrical, software, biomedical and mechanical fields, plus the integration of multidisciplinary systems.
- Farnaz Ghadaki (Current board member) – Is a strategic marketing & management consultant and a member of the entrepreneurship & investment committee of the International Astronautical Federation (IAF).
- Dr. Yaroslav “Yarko” Pustovyi (Current board member) – Was part of the first astronaut group selected by the National Space Agency of Ukraine (NSAU). In 1997 he served as a backup payload specialist for the STS-87 Space Shuttle Columbia flight. He is a co-founder and Vice President of Space 1 Systems Inc.
- Azam Shaghaghi – Is a visionary entrepreneur and venture capitalist and is the current Chief Executive Officer (CEO) & President of the Space Tourism Society Canada.
- Catherine Carr – Is experienced in many facets of corporate finance and accounting. An avid space exploration and astronomy enthusiast with 18 years accounting experience, Catherine can assist organizations with establishing internal accounting controls, developing financial reporting, budgeting & analysis and with day to day operations.
The voting by members commences today and runs through December 6, 2014 at 5:00 p.m. EST.
The results will be released on December 8.