Volunteer Executive Director, Canadian Space Commerce Association
|REPORTS TO:||President and Board of Directors|
|DATE POSTED:||March 1, 2018|
The Canadian Space Commerce Association (CSCA) is Canada’s national space industry association. Established in 2007, the CSCA is a not-for-profit organization made up of individual and corporate members in the space industry. It works to advance the Canadian space economy, by building greater expertise in related fields that support the industry to develop the capabilities of Canada as a leader in global space markets. The CSCA nurtures relationships with all stakeholders: industry, academia, researchers, governments and associations to gather and share industry intelligence, identify and facilitate funding as well as being an active catalyst for industry growth. The CSCA works collectively and collaboratively with our members and in partnership with provincial governments, as well as the federal government by defining and implementing strategic member programs, initiatives and events in areas including: technology development and adoption, supply chain relationships and readiness, skills development and workplace training.
The Executive Director manages the day-to-day operations of the Association and, in partnership with the Board, is responsible for the success of CSCA. Together, the Board and the Executive Director assure CSCA’s relevance to the community, the accomplishment of CSCA’s mission and vision, and the accountability of CSCA to its diverse constituents.
While the Executive Director has the authority to carry out these responsibilities, in accordance with the direction and policies established by the Board, that person also provides direction to the Board as it carries out its governance functions. The Executive Director reports to the Board of Directors of the CSCA, precisely the President. Along with the accountabilities laid out below, the Board of Directors may add other responsibilities from time to time.
- Mission, policy, planning and strategy of short, medium and long term goals in collaboration with the Board of Directors.
- Management and Administration of all aspects of the Association, including delivering Member benefits.
- Governance, Legal and Compliance oversight and adherence.
- Financing the immediate and long term goals of the Organization through various means.
- Communications, Advocacy and Engagement with all stakeholders of the Canadian space community.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong background and network in the commercial space sector.
- Excellent experience in long term strategic planning.
- Solid knowledge of political and space sector processes, including RFP, licensing, engagements, CSA protocols, etc.
- Commercial awareness and understanding of various business models
- Transparent and high integrity leadership
- Solid, hands-on, budget management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision making and reporting
- Strong organizational abilities including multi-tasking, planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation.
- Ability to convey the vision and strategic future to staff, board, volunteers and partners.
- Knowledge of fundraising strategies and partner relations
- Strong public presentation skills.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
- A team player with a customer-oriented approach
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office and online applications (e.g. CRM)
- Post Secondary degree in technical and business or relevant field is preferred
- This is a virtual position and can be done from any location with Internet access.
This is a volunteer unpaid position. As the Executive Director is able to arrange funding and sources of revenue, remuneration will be considered.
Please submit your resume and cover letter in confidence to email@example.com. The deadline for applications is April 15, 2018.
CSCA is committed to employment equity, welcoming and encouraging applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No recruitment agencies soliciting their services and no phone calls, please.