Now that the Liberal government has announced its cabinet these are the cabinet ministers you need to know.
1) Navdeep Bains – Innovation, Science and Economic Development (Was called Industry). His riding is Mississauga-Malton, Ontario.
Navdeep Bains was a distinguished visiting professor at Ryerson University’s Ted Rogers School of Management and holds an MBA with a specialization in Finance. As a Certified Management Accountant, he has worked several years in accounting and financial analysis for the Ford Motor Company of Canada. More
2) Kirsty Duncan – Minister of Science. Note that this portfolio is within the Innovation, Science and Economic Development Ministry. Her riding is Etobicoke North, Ontario.
Kirsty Duncan was an Associate Professor of Health Studies at the University of Toronto and the former Research Director for the AIC Institute of Corporate Citizenship at the Rotman School of Management. A renowned international speaker, she has lectured for such organizations as the National Geographic Society, the Government of Japan, and the Young Presidents’ Organization. More
3) Bardish Chagger – Small Business and Tourism. Note that this portfolio is also within the Innovation, Science and Economic Development Ministry. Her riding is Waterloo, Ontario.
A natural leader and organizer, Bardish Chagger is devoted to inclusion and community building. From assisting with recreational sports for kids to volunteering with seniors, Bardish is committed to strengthening the bonds of the Waterloo community. More
4) Chrystia Freeland – International Trade. Note that this portfolio is within the Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development Canada Ministry. Her riding is University-Rosedale, Ontario.
Chrystia Freeland was first elected as the Member of Parliament for Toronto Centre in a by-election in November 2013, and then as the Member of Parliament for University–Rosedale in October 2015. She was the Critic for International Trade in 2014. More
5) Marc Garneau – Transport Minister. His riding is Notre-Dame-De-Grace-Westmout, Quebec.
Marc Garneau has served his country his entire professional career, beginning with the Canadian Navy, then as an astronaut and President of the Canadian Space Agency, and now in political life. More
Factoid: Did you know the Transport Ministry oversees licensing of suborbital and orbital launches in Canada.
Other cabinet ministers worth noting:
- Scott Brison – President of the Treasury Board. His riding is Kings-Hants, Nova Scotia.
- Jim Carr – Natural Resources. His riding is Winnipeg South Centre, Manitoba.
- Catherine McKenna – Environment and Climate Change. Her riding is Ottawa Centre, Ontario.
- Harjit Sajjan – National Defence. His riding is Vancouver South, BC.