The Canadian Space Commerce Association (CSCA) is a registered Canadian not-for-profit industry organization existing to advance the economic, legal and political environment for space and aerospace focused companies. To that end, we have forged strong links with major organizations in government and private industry, to develop resources that benefit our active and growing membership. Our areas of interest include:
- The Regulatory Environment: Including legislation and policy development affecting the Canadian space industry. These include Government tax relief, grants, loans and other economic incentives.
- Access to Investment Capital: Including the realization of expanding commercial opportunities in space development for Canadian companies.
- Professional Education and Assistance: For business planning, funding mechanisms and appropriate government and private assistance programs.
- Canadian Space Agency Priorities:, Including funding programs and direction.
- Facilities: Including test range and launch site access.
- Building International interest: In Canadian commercial space activities.
And we’re not alone. The 140 companies and organizations listed in the Canadian Space Directory generated $3.44 billion CDN in revenue and employed over 8000 Canadians in 2010, according to the 2010 State of the Canadian Space Sector Report. Over the last five years, total revenues generated by the Canadian space sector have increased by 38%.
Canada’s place in space is ongoing and growing and we, at the CSCA believe the best chapters are yet to be written. Join the Canadian Space Commerce Association today and help to participate in the process.